|Trouble seeing images or following links, click here.
Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Recipe
Back-to-school is coming soon in some form, whether you or your kids like it or not. With the uncertainty of the pandemic still looming in our future, your kids might be studying from home or social distancing at school. Regardless, we have selected a recipe to help your young geniuses feel energized for their school week with minimal effort! This recipe is easy to make and perfect for weeknight meals or to pack as a school lunch.
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 12 ounces broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin diagonal slices
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk, or more, as needed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions.
- In the final 3 minutes of cooking, add broccoli to the pasta and cook the remaining time. Drain pasta.
- In a large 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Add chicken to skillet and begin to cook, flipping them over once, until they are cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Melt butter in the skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in 1/3 cup Parmesan until well combined, about 1 minute. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed.
- Stir in pasta, broccoli and chicken.
- Serve and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
Recipe & image Courtesy of: MOMables.com.
Services - Patient Comfort - Our Team -
Location - Contact Us
© High Park Dental Care - All Rights Reserved -
2126 Bloor Street W. | Toronto, Ontario | M6S 1M8